Complex Gerónimo Ruilli deal to Manchester City in doubt

0
105

Argentine goalkeeper, Gerónimo Ruilli’s potential deal to Manchester City, has hit a stumbling block in the past few days according to Spanish publication MARCA. The idea now is that Rulli will arrive at Real Sociedad for the €7m, but with a clause allowing Manchester City to purchase him for €14m.

Rulli is currently on loan at Real Sociedad from Uruguayan side Deportivo Maldonado – whom he is yet to register a single appearance for. Now, the Spanish-based newspaper state that Rulli is to join Real Sociedad on a deal until 30th June 2022. Sociedad will be paying €7million for 70% of his registration rights.

In England, club’s must own 100% of the registration rights and his 70% must be bought out by City along with the remaining 30% that would be owned by third-party investors. In 2014, City faced a similar process when signing Eliaquim Mangala from FC Porto.

The reason why City cannot sign the player direct from Maldonado doesn’t make much sense unless there was a contractual agreement between Sociedad and the Uruguayan second tier side that the Spanish club must purchase the goalkeeper following a loan move.

SHARE
Previous articleManchester City draw Steaua Bucharest in Champions League
Next articleLeonardo Bonucci rejected offer to join Manchester City
The site was established by Shane – a long-suffering Manchester City fan since the mid-1990’s. Since creating the website the aim is to deliver the anything related to this beloved club and capture the imagination of millions of fans worldwide in search of anything MCFC related. For any further queries, you can contact me via email shaneburns2@yahoo.ie Furthermore, I can also be found on Twitter here: @MediaShaneBurns

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here